If you were a Philmont Staffer in 2009 and plan to return in 2010 it’s not too late to apply for the PSA Staff Scholarship.
- Scholarship awards of $500 1st year, $1,000 2nd year, and $1,500 3rd year will be made for the Fall of 2009 – Spring of 2010 academic year. Payment of the Scholarship will be distributed directly to the school.
- Philmont Staff Association Seasonal Staff Scholarship recipients must be accepted by an accredited institution for enrollment as a full time student (at least 12 credit hours). A request may be made to the Scholarship Committee to apply this scholarship to a recognized trade school leading to a professional certification.
- Scholarship funds must be used for tuition, fees related to degreed course work, books, or housing (in that order) at any accredited institution of higher learning. Funds used for housing are fully taxable. Funds will be paid directly to the institution or recognized trade school leading to a professional certification. All invoices and requests are subject to review and approval. Scholarships are void if not used for the stated purposes or in the allotted time frame.
- The Philmont Staff Association makes the Seasonal Staff Scholarship Awards as non-taxable, according to the Internal Revenue Code. If they are deemed taxable by this entity, all taxes due are the responsibility of the recipient, including, but not limited to: FICA, local, state and federal taxes
- The Philmont Staff Association Scholarship Committee has the right to change or modify this program in any manner, effective immediately and without notice.
- Applicant must be a current Philmont Staff Association member.
- Applicant must be a current seasonal staff member.
- Applicant must be applying to work at Philmont for the upcoming summer.
- Applicant must need financial assistance for education.
- Applicant must complete application in full. Your final evaluation from your staff leader will also be added to your application.
- Application deadline is August 31, 2009. Applications may be submitted to the box provided at the Silver Sage Staff Activity Center or mailed to the Philmont Staff Association; 17 Deer Run Road; Cimarron, NM 87714