You still have time to adjust your schedule for the Coral Reel Sailing Adventure.
The registration deadline—and your $100 deposit—is November 30, 2012. Don’t be left standing on the dock!
Sailing Adventure Basics
The Sailing Adventure is February 17 to February 23, 2013. The cost is $6,100 per vessel. There is a minimum of 6 sailors per vessel, maximum 7 sailors per vessel. On a per sailor basis, your actual charge will be determined by taking the total cost for the number of vessels required divided by the total number of sailors. For example, 20 sailors would require 3 vessels and the resulting charge to each sailor would be $915.
- Be a current member of the SBAFA, PSA or SAA or eligible family member.
- Be a registered member of the BSA.
- Presented a completed Sea Base medical form – Philmont and Northern Tier medical forms will not suffice.
- Pass the basic BSA swim check upon check in – persons not passing the swim check will be required to wear a personal flotation device at all times.
- Be 13 years old and have completed 8th grade, or 14 years old, by arrival day – youth participants will be required to present a valid ID showing proof of age.
Eligible family members are your spouse, child or step-child, sibling, parent, grandparent, grandchild, niece, nephew or in-law who meets the eligibility requirements above.
Becoming a member of the BSA is straightforward: register at your local Scout office by explaining that BSA membership is a requirement for participation in an event at the Sea Base, pay nominal fees and pass a background check.
BSA swimming requirements are simple: jump feet first into water over your head, swim 75 yards in a strong manner using a forward stroke, turn over, swim 25 yards using a resting back stroke and then float motionless on your back for one minute.
Lee Huckstep at email@example.com
Alex Nepple at firstname.lastname@example.org
Rich Beliveau at email@example.com
Registration, cost, and contact information here.