When you walk into the PSA Reunion on Saturday June 1st in Grapevine, TX, you will walk into a Disneyland of Scouting history. “Every Patch Tells a Story” of our Scouting legacy and every Scouter is a Librarian … thousands of patches will be on hand.
The 2013 North Texas PSA Reunion is a fund raiser to provide PSA Staff Scholarship Funds so our finest Scouts can help bring that treasured Philmont experience to every 2013 attendee.
Updated 20130426: Please RSVP to the PSA office at email@example.com or (575) 376-1138
Date: June 1st
Location: St Francis Church Family Life Center
Address: 861 Wildwood Lane (Grapevine, TX)
- To give you an idea about our plans June 1st, we are designing a fun event for Philmont Staffers, their families, members of 2013 Philmont contingents or anyone who has ever dreamed Philmont.
- Philmont 75th Anniversary – If you can’t make it to Philmont during the 75th, Philmont is coming to YOU! Randy Saunders/PSA will also be on hand for up-to-date news on Philmont activities and progress on 4 major undertakings at the ranch.
- Philmont Memorabilia and Philmont Contingent Patch Displays.
- PSA Reunion Luncheon 11:30am (Benefiting PSA Staff Scholarships).
- A FREE Collectible patch for every Scout under 18 attending June 1st
- Youth Auction FREE Patch giveaway: Your Scout (under 18) can learn about our shared heritage, learn about value and learn about patch trading rules … and then we giveaway 500 + patches in a game.
- Scouts only (18 and under) 1 For 1 Trading Table: All Scouts can bring their own patches, and if they see something on the table they want, they can put one of their patches on the table for one patch they want from the table.
- Patch Golf: A Putt-Putt one-hole golf game to be monitored by adult volunteers.
- Reunion Groups: We have a few side rooms we can dedicate to specific Philmont Alumni who would like to meet as a group: Please contact John Ryan for availability.
And finally, your chance to purchase a PSA Staff Scholarship Fund collectible patch in support of our fund raising efforts and also gain a commemorative “patch portrait” featuring the image of the Philmont Seton Library. Contact John Ryan, firstname.lastname@example.org, for how to obtain this special issue patch.
There are still a few activities we are working on to make this an enjoyable time for you so we hope you mark it on your calendars to swing by and help us celebrate the 75th Anniversary of Philmont Scout Ranch. Proceeds from our PSA Reunion activities Saturday June 1st benefit PSA Staff Scholarship Funds!
For more information on the PSA Reunion schedule, availability for the PSA Staff Scholarship Patches, or the activities available for PSA members, Contact PSA Reunion Co-host John Corpany, email@example.com, or overall event host John Ryan, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: The 2013 North Texas PSA Reunion is part of a weekend event called the Lone Star Trade-O-Ree. This fund raiser event began in 1988 as a fund raiser to help OA Scouts, who would not normally be able to go to Philmont, see their dream become reality. Through the years, our annual fund raising event has helped Scouts from 20 Troops, 3 Scout Councils and 2 Countries experience Philmont on a Trek, Cavalcade, Kanik adventure or provide a program for the NCCS Conference at the Philmont Training Center. The Staff of the annual Lone Star Trade-O-Ree are proud to join efforts with the Philmont Staff Association to provide Staff Scholarship Funds.