The Voyage will be August 28 to September 4, 2010. The cost is $400 per voyageur. The cost includes all Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness camping fees, trail food, Kevlar canoes, paddles, crew equipment, on-base lodging and meals, and Northern Tier Interpeter. You are responsible for your personal gear and for your travel expenses to and from the Sommers Base.
Voyageurs will form crews of up to 8 voyageurs and will travel under the guidance of a current Northern Tier Interpreter for the entire voyage. This will give each voyageur the opportunity to experience the current Northern Tier program and, if you are an SAA member or have been to the Northern Tier before, you can re-live the experiences of your past voyages – when you were a kid.
Voyageurs will sleep each night in the United States; hence citizenship documentation for travel in Canada will not be required. Sleeping in the United States also avoids the higher fees of the Quetico Provincial Park on the Canadian side of the border. However, you are likely to paddle in Canadian waters and eat some lunches in Canada – you just cannot sleep there.
- Be a current member of the SAA, PSA, or SBAFA or eligible family member.
- Be a registered member of the BSA.
- Present a completed Northern Tier medical form.
- Present a completed Northern Tier swimming certification form. Non-swimmers are not allowed.
- Be 13 years old by September 1, 2010. (Note that to be registered, females must be 14 years old and have completed 8th grade or be 15 years old.)
More details here.
Update: This item is no longer available for purchase or registration.