The Silver Trek
Now is the time to mark your calendar and arrange time off for your participation in the Twenty Fifth Annual PSA Trek – The Silver Trek. The Silver Trek is open to 72 participants, and because the PSA is hosting Trekkers from the Sommers Alumni Association and the Sea Base Alumni Association as part of the Exchange Program, a sell-out is likely. Sign up now – do not wait or you may be left out.
The Silver Trek is August 7 – 14. The cost is $400 per person. Eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Be a member of the PSA or Trek-eligible family member.
- Be a member of the BSA.
- Have a completed Philmont medical form.
- Be 14 years old OR completed 8th grade and be at least 13 years of age prior to participation.
- Be in good physical shape.
Special Award Patch
Persons completing the Silver Trek will receive a special award patch. It must be earned, it cannot be purchased. This is in addition to the Philmont Arrowhead patch earned by Trek participants.
The PSA Reunion
The Trek will be preceded by the annual PSA Reunion August 5 – 7. You are welcome to attend the Reunion at no additional cost.
Trek Eligible Family Members
You can bring your spouse, child or step child, sibling, parent, grandparent, grandchild, niece, nephew or in-law who meets the eligibility requirements above.
- Cancellations prior to the registration deadline of July 1, 2011 will receive a full refund.
- Cancellation after the registration deadlines will not receive a refund. Monies paid can be used for another PSA or Exchange Program event (prior to the end of 2012) or can be contributed to the General Fund.
- In exceptional cases, the Executive Director AND Vice President of Service can authorize full refunds for cancellation after the registration deadline.
- Sunday, August 7, report to the Welcome Center at a.m.
- Monday, August 8, hit the trail.
- Saturday, August 13, return from trail.
- Sunday, August 14, depart Philmont after breakfast.