Enjoy the stillness and serenity of the Philmont backcountry in the autumn and because all of the camps have gathered the program will consist of hiking, sightseeing and fellowship. Backpack through the golden aspens, listen for bugling elk, and live it up in the crisp air of early October. Mark your calendar and arrange time off for your participation in the Sixth Annual PSA Autumn Adventure Trek.
The Autumn Adventure Trek is October 9 – 14. The cost is $250 per person. Eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Be a member of the PSA or Trek-eligible family member.
- Be a member of the BSA.
- Have a completed Philmont medical form.
- Be 14 years old OR completed 8th grade and be at least 13 years of age prior to participation.
- Be in good physical shape.
Special Award Patch
Persons completing the Autumn Adventure Trek will receive a special award patch. It must be earned; it cannot be purchased.
Trek Eligible Members
You can bring your family or friends who meets the eligibility requirements above.
Registration cut-off is September 15, 2011. Use the printable form or purchase online.
- Cancellations prior to the registration deadline of September 15, 2011 will receive a full refund.
- Cancellation after the registration deadlines will not receive a refund. Monies paid can be used for another PSA or Exchange Program event (prior to the end of 2012) or can be contributed to the General Fund.
- In exceptional cases, the Executive Director and Vice President of Service can authorize full refunds for cancellation after the registration deadline.
- Saturday, October 8, meet and greet at the St. James Hotel, 7pm.
- Sunday, October 9, report to the Welcome Center at 9 a.m, basecamp checkout and hit the trail.
- Friday, October 14, return from trail. Dinner.
- Saturday, October 15, depart Philmont.
Basecamp tents are available for the night before and the night after.
Questions about the Autumn Adventure Trek?
Steven & Cynthia Truemper at [email protected]
Purchase online or call Randy Saunders at 575-376-1138