2013 marks the 75th Anniversary of Philmont and the 40th Anniversary of your Philmont Staff Association. These are reasons to celebrate!
Because we have outstanding reasons to celebrate, we have chosen to call the 2013 PSA Trek, July 13 to July 20, the “Celebration Trek”.
You will want to join the Celebration Trek because:
- You will get the special Philmont 75th Anniversary Arrowhead.
- You will get the PSA award patch for the Celebration Trek.
- You will get bragging rights for having Trekked on the 75th Anniversary of Philmont.
- You will get to have fun with old friends and make new friends.
The cost is $450 per person and you can register by sending your check to the PSA, 17 Deer Run Road, Cimarron, NM 87714, or you can register on-line.
We have 102 Trekker slots to fill (75 slots for 75 years of Philmont, 27 slots for 27 years of PSA Treks) and while this may sound like a lot of slots, we expect to fill them all. Don’t dawdle and wait, because your slot will be sold.
The basic Trek information is as follows:
- Spend the night of Friday, July 12 in the Philmont area.
- Report to the Welcome Center at 8 a.m. on Saturday, July 13.
- Hit the trail on Sunday, July 14.
- Come off the trail on Friday morning, July 19.
- Attend the Annual Meeting Friday afternoon, July 19.
- Depart Philmont Saturday, July 20.
Philmont will provide free tent accommodations the night of July 12. Meals on July 12 or breakfast on July 13 must be reserved and purchased in advance. The remainder of your meals, to and including breakfast on July 20, is included in your fee.
Remember, you can bring your Trek-eligible family members.
Our standard terms and conditions apply:
- Eligibility requirements: (1) Be a member of the PSA or Trek-eligible family member (2) Be a member of the BSA (3) Have a completed Philmont medical form (4) Be 14 years old OR completed 8th grade and be at least 13 years of age prior to participation.
- Trek-eligible family members: Spouse, child or step child, sibling, parent, grandparent, grandchild, niece, nephew or in-law of PSA member who meets eligibility requirements above. The PSA member must accompany Trek-eligible family members on the Trek.
- Cancellation policy: (1) Cancellation prior to the registration deadline of June 1, 2013 will receive a full refund. (2) Cancellation after the registration deadline will not receive a refund. Monies paid can be used for another PSA or Exchange Program event prior to the end of 2013 or can be contributed to the General Fund. (3) In exceptional cases, the Executive Director AND Vice President of Service can authorize full refunds for cancellation after the registration deadline.