Support Seasonal Staff Scholarships!
Friday, July 19.
At the PSA reunion, we hold a silent auction to raise money in support of Seasonal Staff Scholarships. It’s a lot of fun and we get to send you home with some wonderful mementos of your time spent at Philmont.
We’re asking each PSA reunion and trek participant (or family) to bring something for the auction. In fact, all members are invited to donate something to our auction even if you are not attending the summer activities at Philmont. It doesn’t have to be anything big. Just bring something if you can! Below are some general guidelines, but don’t let these stifle your creativity.
- It can be new or used, as long as it’s in good condition. For example, if your “friend” doesn’t ever get around to using that perfectly good backpack he has, donate it! Or, if you’re still a gear geek who has to have the newest stuff, even though the old stuff it still perfectly usable, donate the old stuff and you’ll finally be able to rationalize buying the new.
- It can be worth 50 cents, $5.00 or $500.00, and anything over, under and in-between.
- You can ask for donations from area merchants and organizations. Please feel free to show them this letter and have the merchant or organization contact Randy Saunders at 575-376-1138 if they want more information about the organization. Also, have them call Randy if they want the PSA’s charitable organization tax ID number or a copy of the letter.
- Many people have the best luck asking for donations from their place of employment. Many of you probably work for companies that produce some sort of product. Employers are often willing to make donations to organizations close to the hearts of their employees.
- Show us your talent! If you’re an artist, bring or send a piece of your work. Few things are as special as something you’ve created. It’s wonderful to see how talented our Philmont alumni are!
If you have an item to donate, please send it as soon as possible to:
Philmont Staff Association
17 Deer Run Road
Cimarron NM 87714
It would be great to have it ahead of time so we can prepare a silent auction bid sheet for the item, but if you can’t please bring it with you when you check in for the reunion.
The Silent Auction will take place on Friday, July 19th.