By Steven and Cynthia Truemper
Register now. (registration closed; check back in 2014)
See Philmont from a different perspective than the hustle and bustle of the summer that you experience while being on staff, enjoy the stillness and serenity of the Philmont backcountry, backpack through the golden aspens and listen for bugling elk.
Join the PSA this October for the Eighth Annual PSA Autumn Adventure Trek. The backcountry camps have already gathered, so the program will consist of hiking, sightseeing and fellowship.
Autumn Adventure is open to crews of six to twelve participants accompanied by an Autumn Adventure guide. Know some friends you would like to share the Philmont experience with? Form your own crew and create your custom itinerary. Don’t know anyone you can get to come with you? Sign up and you will be placed in a crew of other PSA members.
The Autumn Adventure Trek is October 13 – 18.
Cost and Eligibility
The cost is $275 per person. Eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Be a member of the PSA or Trek-eligible family member.
- Be a member of the BSA.
- Have a completed Philmont medical form.
- Be 14 years old OR completed 8th grade and be at least 13 years of age prior to participation.
- Be in good physical shape.
Special Award Patch
Persons completing the Autumn Adventure Trek will receive a special award patch. It must be earned; it cannot be purchased.
Trek Eligible Members
You can bring your family or friends who meets the eligibility requirements above.
Registration cut-off is September 15, 2013. Use the printable form or purchase online.
- Cancellations prior to the registration deadline of September 15, 2012 will receive a full refund.
- Cancellation after the registration deadlines will not receive a refund. Monies paid can be used for another PSA or Exchange Program event (prior to the end of 2014) or can be contributed to the General Fund.
- In exceptional cases, the Executive Director and Vice President of Service can authorize full refunds for cancellation after the registration deadline.
- Saturday, October 12, meet and greet at the St. James Hotel, 7pm.
- Sunday, October 13, report to the Welcome Center at 9 a.m, basecamp checkout and hit the trail.
- Friday, October 18, return from trail. Dinner.
- Saturday, October 19, depart Philmont.
Basecamp tents are available for the night before and the night after.
Questions about the Autumn Adventure Trek?
Steven & Cynthia Truemper at [email protected]
or call Randy Saunders at 575-376-1138