Philmont is projecting that the 1 millionth camper will arrive July 12, 2014. This projection is based upon assumptions, so when you arrive at Philmont July 14, 2014 for the PSA Trek, you will have as good a claim as anyone to being the 1 millionth camper.
The 2014 Trek is July 14 to July 21 and the cost is $475 per person. The schedule is as follows:
- Report to the Philmont Welcome Center at 8 a.m. on Monday, July 14. You will spend most of the day doing medical re-checks, checking out food and gear, trip planning, group photos, etc.
- Hit the trail on Tuesday, July 15 following customized itineraries which you will design.
- Spend 6 days and 5 nights on the trail having glorious fun.
- Come off the trail Sunday, July 20, attend Philmont’s closing campfire and receive the Philmont Arrowhead Award.
- Depart Philmont on Monday, July 21.
To be compliant with Philmont’s “9,000 foot rule”, you must spend the night of July 13 in the Philmont area. Philmont will provide free tent accommodations that night so this requirement is easily met.
Trek eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Be a member of the PSA or Trek-eligible family member,
- Be a member of the BSA,
- Present a completed appropriate medical form,
- Be 14 years old (by date of arrival) OR completed 8th grade and be at least 13 years of age by date of participation,
- Be in good physical condition.
You are encouraged to bring your Trek-eligible family members. Trek-eligible family members are your spouse, child or step child, sibling, parent, grandparent, grandchild, niece, nephew or in-laws. All Trek-eligible family members must meet the requirements above.
Please note that in 2014 Philmont is requiring that each crew have two crew members certified in CPR and Wilderness First Aid, or the equivalent. Start lining up your training opportunities now to get these certifications.
Soon after you register, you will be contacted by the PSA Trek coordinators who will guide you through the process of finding a crew, planning itineraries, answer any questions you have, and help you find rides to and from the Denver and Albuquerque airports. By the time you arrive at Philmont, you will already be part of a crew and have experienced the fun of pre-Trek planning with your crew mates. You will not be left to flounder on your own.
The cost is $475 per person, and you can register by sending your check to Randy Saunders, PSA, 17 Deer Run Road, Cimarron, NM 87714, or you can register online. Paying by check saves the PSA credit card fees. If registering by mail, please include a piece of paper with your name, the names of Trek-eligible family members, mailing address, e-mail address (of each participant) and phone number.
Register now to claim your bragging rights to being the 1 millionth camper. We won’t contest your claim.
Our standard terms and conditions apply. Cancellation policy:
- Cancellation prior to the registration deadline of June 1, 2014 will receive a full refund.
- Cancellation after the registration deadline will not receive a refund. Monies paid can be used for another PSA or Exchange Program event prior to the end of 2014 or can be contributed to the general fund of the cancelling participant’s association.
- In exceptional cases, the Executive Director and Vice President of Service of the PSA can authorize full refunds for cancellation after the registration deadline.