2019 Autumn Adventure Trek
By Steven and Cynthia Truemper
See Philmont from a different perspective than the hustle and bustle of the summer that you experienced while being on staff, enjoy the stillness and serenity of the Philmont backcountry, backpack through the golden aspens and listen for bugling elk. Join the PSA this October for the Twelfth Annual PSA Autumn Adventure Trek. The backcountry camps have already gathered so the program will consist of hiking, sightseeing and fellowship.
Trek dates are October 13–19, 2019, and the cost is $305 per person. Optional day early arrival for an additional $25.
Registration and payment is different this year than it has been in the past. Please see details at the end of this post.
- Saturday – optional meet and greet, 7 PM
- Sunday – report to the Welcome Center at 9 AM, basecamp checkout and hit the trail*
- Friday – return from trail
- Saturday – depart Philmont
*Indian Writings base will head to IW.
Basecamp tents are available for the night before and the night after the trek.
Cost and Eligibility
- Be physically and mentally fit
- Be a member of the PSA or Trek-eligible family member
- Be a member of the BSA
- Have a completed Philmont medical form
- Be 14 years old OR completed 8th grade and be at least 13 years of age prior to participation
Trek Space and Eligible Members
There will be 14 trekker slots (42 total) available for us to fill each of three sessions, don’t wait to register or it will be too late! The PSA Autumn Adventure Trek allows you to bring friends and family members who meet the eligibility requirements listed above.
Special Award Patch
Persons completing the Autumn Adventure Trek will receive a special award patch. It must be earned; it cannot be purchased.
Registration cut-off is Monday September 9, 2019.
Questions about the PSA Autumn Adventure?
PSA Registration; Philmont Payment and Refunds
Register here on the PSA website, but…
- Payment is made by check only directly to Philmont
- Philmont accepts checks, credit cards, and ACH bank transfers. (PayPal not accepted)
- Philmont’s policy: ALL FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE. THEY CANNOT BE APPLIED TO FUTURE PSA TREKS and EVENTS. Emergency situations will be handled by Philmont on an individual basis
- Make check payable to: “Philmont Scout Ranch”
- In the memo, please write: "PSA Summer Volunteer Vacation" or "PSA VV Fall 2021" as appropriate for your event.
Send check to this address:
Philmont Scout Ranch
17 Deer Run Road
Cimarron, NM 87714
The PSA reserves the right to deny or revoke registration where appropriate.
Cancellation date: Monday, September 9th, 2019.