The Philmont Staff Association’s 2019 Summer Reunion will be held on the weekend of July 26-28 at the Philmont Training Center (PTC). You and your family are invited to participate in a weekend of activities, service, fellowship, and sharing memories. The Philmont Training Center is the perfect venue for our reunion. The facilities at PTC are first class. Tents are large two-person wall canvas on wooden or concrete floors with electricity, lighting, a wardrobe, and two twin beds. Each tent city has restrooms and family shower houses with hot water. There is also a laundromat, so, bring the family to the reunion as part of your summer vacation.
Some of the tentative activities for the weekend include: day hikes, a conservation service project, campfire programs, tours of the Villa Philmonte, and a silent auction. The new National Scouting Museum will be open and a “must see” on your weekend agenda. The PSA’s Annual Business Meeting will be on the schedule during the weekend, too.
This schedule is subject to change as we get closer that weekend.
Friday, July 26th
- 1–5 pm Check-in at the Philmont Training Center; tent assignments will posted at the PTC and PSA Offices
- 2–5 pm service project, TBD
- 5:30–6:30 pm dinner at PTC Dining Hall
- 8:15 pm Ice Cream Social, Murphy-Lynch Veranda at Philmont Training Center Dining Hall
Saturday, July 27th
- 7 am Breakfast
- 8 am Meet at PTC parking lot for hike, TBD
- 8 am Silent Auction opens (5 pm close)
- 12–1 pm Lunch at PTC Dining Hall
- 3–4 pm Annual Meeting, PTC Assembly Hall
- 5 pm Silent Auction closes
- 5:30–6:30 pm Dinner at PTC Dining Hall
- 6:30 pm Group Photo Villa Lawn
- 7:15 pm Silver Sage and Distinguished Alumni Awards, PTC Assembly Hall
Sunday, July 28th
- 7 am Breakfast
- 8 am PSA Treks check-in at CHQ Welcome Center
- 8–9 am PSA Reunion attendees move out PTC tents. Must be moved out by 9 am to allow time for staff to prepare for Sunday check-in for PTC Participants
- 10 am–12 noon PSA Reunion participants possible visit or schedule a tour the Chase Ranch, Villa Philmonte or Rayado
- 12 noon Departure