Philmont Staff Association Office Manager
Full time position
40 hours per week
14 days paid vacation
*Summer months’ rotating weekends with other staff, pending on scheduled events
Office Manager responsibilities include, but are not limited to…
- In the office duties. Work with the PSA year-round to maintain office hours. Duties in the PSA office include: greeting visitors, selling merchandise, answering phone calls, membership data entry, handling and entering donations and assisting in putting together mailings. Learn how to use Raisers Edge database. This will allow you to access information for a member, update address and email, and query specific groups.
- Membership services. Oversee the administration of all membership services which include: membership queries, mail-merge and monthly renewal mail-outs, membership payments and collection of membership dues. Also, handles daily phone calls, answers membership questions and recruiting of new members for the PSA.
- Assist with events hosted by the PSA. Duties will include: assist with registration, coordinating weekend activities, and promoting reunion events to Philmont summer staff.
- Summer projects at Philmont. This position will have the opportunity to work five days per week in the office and occasionally out of the office, pending on the week’s events and scheduling of days off with seasonal staff. Examples of out of the office, are but not limited to – Staff Opening Banquet, Staff Activity events such as Bratwurst Day, Salsa Night, open mic music nights, Reunion activities, etc. Also help where needed on Ranch such as Ranch Committee or other special events that might need assistance.
- Out of the office. Assist with marketing and promoting the Philmont Staff Association (PSA) as a membership opportunity to Philmont summer staff and PTC faculty. This includes creating materials to be used for recruiting, maintaining a promotional presence at the Staff Activity Center, Staff Dining Hall, PTC Staff Dining Hall, and PTC Staff Lounge, Backcountry and visiting staff departments throughout Philmont.
Other job duties include, but are not limited to…
- Assistance with PSA treks check in, registration and administrative duties.
- Process all education scholarship applications, letters and notifications.
- Meeting with PSA Board and Executive Committee members.
- Other duties assigned by the Executive Director and must live within 45 miles of Philmont Scout Ranch.
Graduation from an accredited high school/GED program required. Associate and/or Bachelor’s degree preferred. Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions, organize and process work and establish and maintain effective working relationship with other PSA and Philmont employees and the general public. Must be familiar with working on a computer/desktop with programs such as Word, Excel, Microsoft Office and data-entry skills. Must be able to operate a copy machine, phone lines, printers and other office equipment. May require prolonged walking, standing, sitting, climbing or bending, and ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs. unassisted.
How to apply
Submit resume, proof of accreditation, or degree if applicable, letter of intent and three references with phone numbers of non-related individuals.
Email all job materials to Dollie O’Neill, Executive Director of the PSA, by January 2nd, 2020.
Subject line: PSA Office Manager Position ([email protected]).
Salary is negotiable based on experience and skills. No health benefits provided.