We invite all PSA members and their families to join us in 2021 for the Annual PSA Reunion. 2021 is the 50th Anniversary of the Philmont Conservation Department. The schedule will include activities and programs suited for all members of the PSA, even if you didn’t have direct involvement with the Conservation Department over the years. Guest speakers will join us to discuss the natural resource landscape that is the backbone of this sense of place which Philmont gives each of us. Celebrate our past while we empower ourselves for the next 50+ years of Conservation at HOmE.
Where: Philmont Training Center
When: July 21-25, 2021
Come earlier or stay later than the Reunion. Before the reunion is the Volunteer Vacation (July 16-22, 2021) and afterwards is the PSA Trek (July 25 – August 1, 2021). Registration for each of the PSA Reunion, Volunteer Vacation, and PSA Treks will be separate.
Cost: (all events subject to a $50 Covid surcharge fee, but it will only apply to a single event per summer so if you register for multiple events, will only have to pay once.)
- Reunion 4-day Full Package — July 21-25, 2021
- Adult: $200, plus a $50 Covid Fee*
- Youth ages 12-17 years old: $75
- Youth ages 4-11 years old: $50
- Youth 3 and younger: Free
- Reunion Daily Rate (includes tent lodging and PTC and 3 meals/day)
- $60 per person (adult or youth) plus a $7 daily Covid Fee*
- Maximum daily rates offered for up to 2 days. If interested in 3 days, please register for the Full package.
- Volunteer Vacation — July 16-22, 2021
- $115 per person (minimum age is 16 years by date of participation), plus a $50 Covid Fee*
- PSA Trek — July 25 – August 1, 2021
- $720 per person (minimum age is 14 years by date of participation), plus a $50 Covid Fee*
*Covid fee is for recovering costs related to Covid mitigation at a Ranch-wide level, ie. Sanitation supplies, additional precautions for food service, PPE for programs, etc. There is no Covid fee for youth 4-day reunion package.
Registration for the 2021 PSA Reunion is through the Philmont Training Center and not through the Philmont Staff Association.
Registration for the Volunteer Vacation will be available soon and the PSA Trek is available now on this site, but payment will be made directly to Philmont.
Philmont current COVID-19 response.
Please note that if Philmont cancels the reunion there will be a 100% refund. If a participant decides to cancel their registration, the PTC Cancellation and Refund policy outlines a 30, 45, and 60-day timeline describing what percentage of the cost will be refunded.
Individuals must be a current member of the Philmont Staff Association or direct family member to attend the 2021 PSA Reunion. In honor of 50+ Years of Conservation, the PSA is offering a special 5 year/$50 membership fee. Participation in the Volunteer Vacation and/or the PSA Trek also requires BSA membership and a full medical form. See their requirements under their registration.
Our planning committee has been hard at work for well over a year planning and drafting our activities, programs, speakers and more. Given the light of the last year and ongoing unknown for the global pandemic of COVID-19, please know that alternative options and continued vigilance about the best quality in-person or virtual offerings are being considered. Check back often for updates to the schedule.
All events and schedule are subject to change.
- Wednesday, July 21, 2021
- Volunteer Vacation crew returns back to Camping HQ
- Reunion attendees check in at PTC
- Cracker Barrel / Ice Cream Social
- Thursday, July 22, 2021
- Day Hikes & Family Program
- Conservation Service Project
- Rod Taylor Concert
- Friday, July 23, 2021
- Silent Auction starts
- Eagle Nest Dam & Chase Ranch Tours
- Saturday, July 24, 2021
- Day Hikes: TBD
- PSA Annual Meeting
- Silent Auction concludes
- Silver Sage & Distinguished Staff Alumni Award Ceremony
- Sunday, July 25, 2021
- PSA Trekkers check in
- Reunion attendees check out of tents by 9am
Special merchandise has be created commemorating the 50th anniversary of the Philmont Conservation Department.