This could be your next office!
Philmont Staff Association
Office Clerk, Full Time Position
40 hours per week, 8am-5pm year round.
*Summer month’s rotating weekends with other staff, pending on scheduled events
Office Clerk Responsibilities
..include, but are not limited to:
- In the office duties: Work with the PSA year-round to maintain office hours. Duties in the PSA office include: helping visitors, selling merchandise, answering phone calls, membership data entry, handling and entering donations and assisting in putting together mailings. Learn how to use Raisers Edge database. This will allow you to access information for a member, update address and email, and query specific groups.
- Assist with events hosted by the PSA. Duties will include: assist with registration, coordinating weekend activities, and promoting reunion events to Philmont summer staff.
- This position will have the opportunity to work 5 days per week in of the office and occasional out of the office, pending on the week’s events and scheduling of days off with seasonal staff. Examples of out of the office, but not limited to are – Staff Opening Banquet, Staff Activity events such as Bratwurst Day, Salsa Night, Open mic music night, Reunion Activities, etc. Also help where needed on Ranch such as Ranch Committee or other special events that might need assistance.
- Out of the office: Assist with marketing and promoting the Philmont Staff Association (PSA) as a membership opportunity to Philmont summer staff and PTC faculty. This includes creating materials to be used for recruiting, maintaining a promotional presence at the Staff Activity Center, Staff Dining Hall, PTC Staff Dining Hall, and PTC Staff Lounge, Backcountry and visiting staff departments throughout Philmont.
Other Job Duties
…include, but are not limited to:
- Assistance with PSA treks check-in, registration and administrative duties
- Attending various recruiting events at Philmont such as the Rayado Banquet, ROCS Banquet and meeting scholarship recipients
- Meeting PSA Board and Executive Committee members
- Getting a glimpse at non-profit budgeting and book-keeping
- Examining collaboration between two non-profit organizations
- Other duties assigned by the Executive Director and must live within 45 miles of Philmont Scout Ranch
Graduation from an accredited high school/GED program required. Associate and/or Bachelor’s degree preferred. Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions, organize and process work and establish and maintain effective working relationship with other PSA and Philmont employees and the general public. Must be familiar with working on a computer/desktop with programs such as Word, Excel, Microsoft Office and data-entry skills. Must be able to operate a copy machine, phone lines, printers and other office equipment. May require prolonged walking, standing, sitting, climbing or bending, and ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs. unassisted.
How to Apply
Submit resume, proof of accreditation or degree if applicable, letter of intent and list of 3 references and phone numbers of non-related individuals.
To apply, e-mail all job materials to Dollie O’Neill by November 30th, 2018: [email protected]
Days left to apply: