By Steven and Cynthia Truemper
See Philmont from a different perspective than the hustle and bustle of the summer that you experienced while being on staff, enjoy the stillness and serenity of the Philmont backcountry, backpack through the golden aspens and listen for bugling elk. Join the PSA this October for the Eleventh Annual PSA Autumn Adventure Trek. The backcountry camps have already gathered so the program will consist of hiking, sightseeing and fellowship.
Trek dates are October 7–13 and 14–20, 2018, and the cost is $305 per person. Optional day early arrival for an additional $25.
There is a non-refundable $25 cancellation fee for each registration.
Dates and Schedule
- Saturday – optional meet and greet, 7 PM
- Sunday – report to the Welcome Center at 9 AM, basecamp checkout and hit the trail*
- Friday – return from trail
- Saturday – depart Philmont
*Fish Camp Base will head to Fish Camp.
Basecamp tents are available for the night before and the night after the trek.
Cost and Eligibility
- Be physically and mentally fit
- Be a member of the PSA or Trek-eligible family member
- Be a member of the BSA
- Have a completed Philmont medical form
- Be 14 years old OR completed 8th grade and be at least 13 years of age prior to participation
Trek Space and Eligible Members
There will be 14 trekker slots (42 total) available for us to fill each of three sessions, don’t wait to register or it will be too late! The PSA Autumn Adventure Trek allows you to bring friends and family members who meet the eligibility requirements listed above.
Special Award Patch
Persons completing the Autumn Adventure Trek will receive a special award patch. It must be earned; it cannot be purchased.
Registration cut-off is Monday September 3, 2018.
Questions about the PSA Autumn Adventure?
- All registrations are subject to a non-refundable $25 cancellation fee.
- Cancellations prior to the posted registration deadline (date below) will receive a full refund, subject to the $25 cancellation fee.
- Cancellation after the registration deadline will not receive a refund. Monies paid can be used for another PSA event prior to the end of 2019 or can be contributed to the General Fund.
- In exceptional cases, the Executive Director AND Vice President of Service can authorize full refunds for cancellation after the registration deadline.
The PSA reserves the right to deny or revoke registration where appropriate.
Cancellation date: Monday September 17th, 2018.