Fall is the best time to camp at Philmont
- Enjoy warm sunny days and cool crisp nights
- View the splendor of Philmont Fall colors
- Gaze at the wildlife preparing for Winter
- Photograph the panorama of peaks
- Fish for that trout in a sparkling stream
Enjoy Philmont without the crowd! Each group will plan its own itinerary with the assistance of a Philmont Guide which can be as strenuous or as leisurely as desired depending upon the physical condition, training and preparation of the group. A guide will accompany each group throughout its trek.
All groups must camp in the Backcountry. The group may elect to take day hikes from their Backcountry site or camp in different sites each night. Opportunities abound for photography, trout fishing, mountain climbing, gazing at wildlife, learning about the flora and fauna of the area, visiting historical sites or just relishing the opportunity for quality time away from the stress of every day life.
Both youth/adult and all adult crews are allowed.