Join the PSA Board of Directors in welcoming Zachary Donahoe as our new full-time PSA Office Manager! Zachary joins the Philmont Staff Association in this position and will be working with the Executive Director coordinating day-to-day business with membership services and merchandise sales.
Zachary started working at Philmont Scout Ranch as a ranger in 2015. He then went on to work in the PSA Office in the summer of 2018 and Timber Stand Improvement that fall. In 2019, he was the OATC Foreman for Philmont Scout Ranch. Zachary earned his B.A. in Journalism and Technical Communications from Colorado State University in Ft. Collins, CO. Zachary is an Eagle Scout from Albuquerque, NM.
A few words from Zachary:
“Scouting has been a big part of my life since I was young, but I never imagined the places it would take me. Scouting has given me the courage to chase my dreams, the discipline to accomplish the goals I set, and the perspective to see beyond myself and my own needs. In my life I have worked long days shearing sheep and alpaca, spent winters on the slopes teaching kids how to ski, and experienced life through a lens capturing photos and video for Colorado State University. However, I always find myself being drawn back to HOmE. Philmont has given me so much over the years, but its greatest lesson to me is that Scouting is all about giving back to others. I look forward to serving our staff and supporting the ranch as I take on this position with the PSA!”
Zachary begins working for the PSA in early February. Welcome Zach to the PSA Office!
Philmont Staff Association Office Manager
Full time position
40 hours per week
14 days paid vacation
*Summer months’ rotating weekends with other staff, pending on scheduled events
Office Manager responsibilities include, but are not limited to…
- In the office duties. Work with the PSA year-round to maintain office hours. Duties in the PSA office include: greeting visitors, selling merchandise, answering phone calls, membership data entry, handling and entering donations and assisting in putting together mailings. Learn how to use Raisers Edge database. This will allow you to access information for a member, update address and email, and query specific groups.
- Membership services. Oversee the administration of all membership services which include: membership queries, mail-merge and monthly renewal mail-outs, membership payments and collection of membership dues. Also, handles daily phone calls, answers membership questions and recruiting of new members for the PSA.
- Assist with events hosted by the PSA. Duties will include: assist with registration, coordinating weekend activities, and promoting reunion events to Philmont summer staff.
- Summer projects at Philmont. This position will have the opportunity to work five days per week in the office and occasionally out of the office, pending on the week’s events and scheduling of days off with seasonal staff. Examples of out of the office, are but not limited to – Staff Opening Banquet, Staff Activity events such as Bratwurst Day, Salsa Night, open mic music nights, Reunion activities, etc. Also help where needed on Ranch such as Ranch Committee or other special events that might need assistance.
- Out of the office. Assist with marketing and promoting the Philmont Staff Association (PSA) as a membership opportunity to Philmont summer staff and PTC faculty. This includes creating materials to be used for recruiting, maintaining a promotional presence at the Staff Activity Center, Staff Dining Hall, PTC Staff Dining Hall, and PTC Staff Lounge, Backcountry and visiting staff departments throughout Philmont.
Other job duties include, but are not limited to…
- Assistance with PSA treks check in, registration and administrative duties.
- Process all education scholarship applications, letters and notifications.
- Meeting with PSA Board and Executive Committee members.
- Other duties assigned by the Executive Director and must live within 45 miles of Philmont Scout Ranch.
Graduation from an accredited high school/GED program required. Associate and/or Bachelor’s degree preferred. Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions, organize and process work and establish and maintain effective working relationship with other PSA and Philmont employees and the general public. Must be familiar with working on a computer/desktop with programs such as Word, Excel, Microsoft Office and data-entry skills. Must be able to operate a copy machine, phone lines, printers and other office equipment. May require prolonged walking, standing, sitting, climbing or bending, and ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs. unassisted.
How to apply
Submit resume, proof of accreditation, or degree if applicable, letter of intent and three references with phone numbers of non-related individuals.
Email all job materials to Dollie O’Neill, Executive Director of the PSA, by January 2nd, 2020.
Subject line: PSA Office Manager Position ([email protected]).
Salary is negotiable based on experience and skills. No health benefits provided.
It is with mixed emotion that we announce that Cassandra Robinson, PSA Office Manager, will be leaving her position with the PSA effective November 22, 2019. Cassandra’s husband Ross has accepted a new position in Colorado Springs and they will be relocating there. Cassandra started her time with the PSA in the summer of 2017 and then became full-time with the us in 2018.
Cassandra began working at Philmont as a PTC Group Leader in 2007. She went on to work at Philmont for ten more years! 2008: PC Urraca; 2009: PC French Henry; 2010: PC Crooked Creek; 2011: CD Hunting Lodge; 2012: CD Miners Park, 2013: Assistant Logistics Communication Manager; 2014–2016: CHQ Registrar; 2017: PSA Office Summer Staff. Cassandra has been a great asset to the PSA and we wish Cassandra all the best as her family gets adjusted to life away from Philmont!
Join the PSA Office Team.
All day December 3rd, 2019!
Please join us in the day of #unselfie and support our mission to unite the Philmont Staff—past, present and future—for the purpose of serving the adventure, heritage, and experience of Philmont and the Boy Scouts of America.
PSA and Giving Tuesday History
We started out in 2016 with 80-90 donors and raised over $7,000. Last year we had at around 220 donors and raised over $21,000!
How you can help?
Spread the word! Share and promote on social media and get all your Phil-friends to donate on Giving Tuesday. The average gift on this day is $25 but any amount helps.
Your gift helps the PSA with our mission and #ServingTheAdventure. The PSA is a 501(c3) non-profit supporting Philmont Scout Ranch with our Capital Campaign and fire recovery effort, and Philmont staff with our college scholarships and Individual Trek scholarships. Your gift helps continue that mission!
Post your #unselfie on why you give and support Philmont!.
Watch for our PSA Power hours! We have matching donors scheduled throughout the day who will match your donation during their hour.
Giving Tuesday isn’t just about fund-raising, it’s about our community coming together to give time, power, skill, expertise, and resources.